Friday 14 July 2017

Mountain Mandala Flow



I am up at about 5000 ft in the mountains of Haputale, Sri Lanka.  It's pretty spectacular.

Here I created a mountain mandala flow.

We often do this in class but facing the one direction.

But here there are beautiful views from every direction here and so I wanted to move and take them all in.

So here I repeat the same movement pattern but just turning 90 degrees each time.

It also gives you a 360 degree view of the movements so you get a better perspective.



Ok, I realise there are wardrobe malfunctions here but those who know me know my yoga wardrobe is the least of my concerns.  Hopefully no one will be offended.

I particularly wanted to create this for Karen and Dave, my mountain friends in Nepal.  Hope this helps with your practice.

Happy and safe practicing.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Samantha it is perfect - and a lovely reminder of the views from Haputale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haputale will be just as you remember it Karen! I took some of the other videos from other gardens--one in front of Eirie, and one in front of Wildflower. This way of doing this sequence I made up on the spot. There is no reason to fix yourself to one place and I can imagine you guys taking this practice around your own beautiful mountain view garden in Nepal!xo

      Delete